Pasta is such a great staple in a lot of homes. When I decided to eat more raw I thought this was going to be a thing of the past. Then I learned about using zucchini noodles and all sorts of tasty sauces.
Image source: media.mahalo.com
Raw Vegan Tomato Sauce
A tasty tomato sauce can go with zucchini noodles or with pates.
Author: Kristina Jackson
Recipe type: Main
- 1½ cups tomatoes chopped
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp thyme leaves
- 1 date chopped
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- salt and pepper optional
- Blend the tomatoes, basil, olive oil, sun-dried tomatoes, garlic, thyme and date in your blender.
- Taste the mixture and add salt/pepper to your liking (if any).
- Blend the sauce more until it is just slightly chunky.
- Add the lemon juice and blend until smooth, or how you like the consistency.
- Enjoy with zucchini noodles or with raw crackers.