Raw-Vegan Snickers Delight!
Recipe type: Dessert
Cuisine: American Sweets
- Nougat layer:
- ½ cup raw flour (such as oat, coconut, buckwheat, almond, etc.)
- ⅓ cup raw agave/maple syrup
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- ¼ pine nuts (optional)
- Caramel layer:
- 1 cup dates and enough water to cover them
- ¼ teaspoon salt (optional)
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- Raw chocolate: makes around 2 cups
- ½ cup coconut nectar or date paste
- ¾ cup cacao powder
- ⅓ cup coconut oil or cacao butter, melted
- To make the nougat: pulse the flour, pine nuts (if using) and sweetener together in your food processor until smooth. Add the almonds by hand. Shape into small logs on parchment paper and put in the freezer.
- To make the caramel: blend all ingredients together in your blender until creamy and thick, adding the least amount of water you can. spread a little on to the tops of each nougat log and put back in the freezer.
- When they are frozen enough, cover each one in chocolate and let harden in the freezer or fridge. Enjoy!