I tried this recipe over the summer and it might have been one of the most delicious concoctions I have tried. The textures were just right and the taste was just the right amount of sweet and salty. It’s entirely versatile too! You can eat it as a salad or in a taco.
Thank you to Kathy Patalsky on Babble.com, for this amazing recipe!
- ½ large jicama, peeled, thinly sliced (about 1½ cups)
- 1 cup cilantro leaves and stems, finely chopped
- ½ cup organic red seedless grapes, halved
- ½ avocado, diced
- ¼ tsp fine black pepper + salt to taste
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 Tbsp olive oil (optional)
- dash of cayenne or chipotle powder for heat – or finely diced jalapeno
- Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl.
- Toss well.
- Chill for at least a half hour to allow flavors to marinate and mix.
- You can combine this salad with the following ingredients to make a yummy taco! - Tortillas, tomato salsa, black beans, vegan cheese, avocado, vegan sour cream, and/or hot sauce