Sugars are in almost every processed food and in some cases are also added to natural foods in restaurants as a way to keep you coming back because many restaurant owners know “you’re hooked on sugar” and you need a good fix to feel good. I had to look at processed sugars as a drug and like all drugs, we should educate ourselves to the dangers and how to wein off and detox from them.
Just say “know sugar”
Below is what I did to get un-hooked from sugar. I haven’t had any cravings for the processed un-natural sweeteners for many years. My body just needed to be re-set and fed natural goodies.
It’s a crime
to see kids led around like addicts on a sugar leash and that is why I decided to write this post. I saw a mother leading her child around the store with a lolly pop and of course this allowed her to control the kid by withholding it at her will. The child was crying and reaching up like a crack addict to the one person the child trusts that will not harm them. Even though many parents know the dangers of sugar on a developing child, they have a “hard to handle addict” on their hands now and don’t know what to do to get them back in balance, or do they? In my opinion, this is nothing short of child abuse, period.
Follow these 7 steps and you will have an instant shift taking place in your body.
- Be consious of what types of sweeteners are added to your food and what they do internally and mentally to your health. Learn the Trap. Say NO to all Sugary chemical Sodas.
- Read all labels and make a choice to not ingest it or ever feed it to your children, friends and family. Stay away from all poisonous artificial sweeteners and especially high fructose corn syrup. Educate yourself.
- Find natural healthy alternative sweeteners, fresh fruit juice, dates, raisins, yacon syrup, agave (sparingly), etc…. We live in an exciting time when our “healthy” markets have many choices.
- Add more enzyme rich and mineral rich foods into your diet. Sprouting, fermented foods, cultured non-dairy foods and fresh squeezed juices are a good start. These will help reduce the cravings for sweet sugary foods. Of course we hope everyone reading is up to speed or knows the benefits of a whole-food, plant-based diet.
- Know how to assist the body in its job of detoxifying from the poisons and know that there can be a period of discomfort when the body is purging those toxins. Explore Juice Fasting, a Raw Food Lifestyle and other alternative detox programs and processes.
- Exercise daily for at least 30 minutes and make sure to include aerobic and some resistance in your routine.
- Take time to have fun, laugh, socialize, meditate, daydream, contemplate and even visualize your Self in the future having a more, healthy lifestyle with like-minded friends offering support with love and a clearer mind, body and spirit.
If you are not off Processed Sweeteners, there is no time like NOW.
Write to us and let us know what worked for you to kick the habit or how you got your family to stop eating sugar.
Infographic by OnlineNursingPrograms.com.