There are many ways to meditate and many different benefits from these meditations. Throughout history many people have used meditation to further themselves mentally, spiritually, and even physically. Meditation can take us to new heights if we practice it regularly. We can completely change our world by changing our view of the world.
Here are some handy tips to help you get into meditation and perhaps even expand your meditation.
- Make Meditation a Priority – Oftentimes we get overwhelmed and feel like there is no time to get things done. That is why it is hard sometimes to add exercise or meditation to our daily routine. This is the perfect time to make time for meditation. It seems strange but when you meditate you slow things down. You’ll have a much broader view of your time and will be able to perform your tasks more efficiently and with less stress. Try this for 30 days to see if it helps you.
- Breath Fully – It’s important to remember to breath deeply when you are meditating. This will help our brain and body get the oxygen they need to relax and function correctly.
- Step Back – Try to step out of yourself. Meditation is always with you, no matter where you are. It can be in a quiet room, while you’re hiking, or in a crowded bus. Meditation has nothing to do with the outside and everything to do with what is inside us.
- Meditate With Your Eyes Open – It may seem strange, but sometimes the best meditation sessions we have can be while our eyes are open. Since meditation is a practice from within, we can meditate in any state. It might be easier to start for some people by focusing on an object while diving into our consciousness.
- Recite a Mantra – Reciting a mantra can really help steer a meditation in a helpful way. Try something like, “I live an abundant life,” or “I am surrounded by love.”
What Helps you Meditate?
What is it that helps you to dig deeper into yourself? Do you like to focus your meditation or just let it fly?