Connect or dis-connect, that is not a question. In this ever evolving and changing world it seem that generations are becoming less connected with each other. .
So much these days is about making connections. “Oh yea he’s so connected” ,“Let’s connect-up soon”, “Use your connections”, “Hey it’s all in who you know”. Well that may be true to a certain extent but if “who you know” is a mess then you may have just become dis-connected. Maybe it’s not so important to be focusing on connecting this or that or him or her, but learning to dis-connect a little bit more and if in the process we spark up a new-connection with someone or something for no reason but to have fun, then that just might be the best type of all.
I was being so bombarded with noise in my life, that until I turned off the main news, negative influences, stressful relationships and corporate/pharmaceutical mind-wash, I had no idea how much quieter, fun, loving and peaceful my life could be. It all took some dis-connecting in a whole new way. A sit-down and be honest with myself pow-wow!
Honestly, I see more dis-connections regarding health, communication, love, freedoms, time, pleasures, fun, relationships, self awareness, diet, food/drug addictions and illness than those who are making the “real-connections” with honesty, balanced living, and solution finding awareness-es.
Ok you might say, this guy is certifiable and just plain crazy. What is he telling me to do, disconnect or connect?
I say do both!
Here is my current top 10 list of dis-connections.
- My illness has nothing to do with my S.A.D. (Standard American Diet) way of eating.
- I never have enough time and I watch a lot of TV/play games.
- Eating healthy costs so much more than I can afford.
- Doctors know best and they say I could never heal myself through diet alone.
- The best protein comes from animal-meat and dairy, cuz plants don’t have enough protein.
- Raw vegetables and fruits are so hard to digest.
- Meat and dairy help build better bones.
- “I’ll start my diet tomorrow”
- Vegans are always sick.
- Drugs are the only way to get well.
When I’m honest about these issues, I have to separate myself to see both sides of the coin and that always takes a dis-connection from all that I was taught in the past and what I’m now learning.
My thoughts and vision are clearer now and was only achieved through my willingness to dis-connect and re-connect at the same time. Of course eating a live, phyto-nutrient rich diet doesn’t hurt either.
Image Source: 59937401@N07
My true 10 connections.
- Illness has everything to do with what we eat and how we live.
- There’s all the time in the world. Time is not linear, it’s simultaneous.
- It costs much more money to eat unhealthy and you can’t afford not-to-change.
- You ARE what you eat and most doctors don’t have a clue.
- Plant-based protein is considered the best type of protein for humans, period.
- Veggies and Fruits are the easiest and most digestible food on the planet.
- If I eat meat and dairy, I might as well be pissing my bones and teeth down the toilet.
- There’s only the NOW, so if you must start your diet tomorrow, then you will never BE HERE NOW.
- Raw Vegans are some of the healthiest and most together humans I have the pleasure to know.
- Commercially processed food, animal fats, and pharmaceuticals are the nastiest drugs I know. All with deadly side-effects.
Here’s the challenge
Try to dis-connect and connect for seven days and see how it feels. Even if you only un-plug a little at a time.
I’ve never felt more alive and connected with the earth, fiends, time and my SELF.
So, call me crazy! or Clearly Dis-Connected!.